[Case Study] Plenty Of Fish + Multiple offers & Landing Pages

Before starting any campaign we always like to understand our target audience so we write the questions that our target audience might ask or the situations they might find themselves into. This way you can come up with different angles for every campaign you want to start & any platform you use.

We are going to cover the whole campaign in this post & you can even copy it word by word, you will probably end up making a slight profit but you can improve on what we have here if you put some time into it.

Setting Up POF Ads

pofcampaignsetup

We came up with the angle of Females over 18 who have a body type of a few extra pounds looking for sugar daddies. As you can see this setup is really targeted so the message sent is a clear one. The offers we picked from our affiliate network only allow US traffic so we restricted the ads to be shown only to US visitors. Here’s a list of targeting we chose:

Country = United States

Gender = Female

Body Type = A Few Extra Pounds – Targeted angle for Campaign

Login Count <= 150 – This can be tested but we like to limit this to 150 because we believe this set of users are more likely to convert.

Looking For = Male – We don’t want Females who are looking for other Females for this campaign.

Browser/Mobile != (Not Equal to):Android Tablet, iPad, Android Phone, iPhone – We Don’t want mobile traffic for this campaign.

We made up some 30 ads with different images & copy combinations, it’s always good to split test multiple ads & then pause the bad ones later in the campaign. Notice that the copy is really targeted & goes hand in hand with the targeting options we chose. Also check out the link the ads have on the right hand side, we will discuss that later on in this article.

ad creatives

Setting up Pushconvert

First off we setup the landing pages & gather all the offers from the affiliate network that we would like to split test. We ended up with 5 offers from the affiliate network & 2 landing pages, one in blue & the other in pink. We are not going to show you how to create a campaign on Pushconvert but you can check out this guide to see how easy it is. As you can see from the screenshot there are 5 direct links to Maxbounty Offers & 2 links to my landing pages. To stay organized I wrote the offer number as part of the name of the Landing pages(Blurred out).

landingpages

When the campaign is created I hit “Get Code”. In this case study we are going to use only the two pieces of code that are underlined with a red line. The first one is the Tracking Pixel/ Url Postback & we need to put this in the affiliate network. When a conversion is tracked on the network, it then notifies Pushconvert.

The second piece of code is the Link we will use on the Adverts. You will notice that we inserted 3 subids:
{creativeid:} – The Id of the Advert

{state:} -  The State of the visitor

{age:} – The Age of the visitor

These tags are specific to POF but other networks have similar tags as well. These are custom variables sent with every click & we can use this data for more optimization.

You can test this link yourself, when you visit this link the offers & landing pages will be rotated in an equal manner.

getcode

 

Below is a screenshot of how we setup the URL postback on Maxbounty:

maxbounty-url-postback-setup

 

This is where the interesting part comes in, we let the campaign run for about a week to gather some data & here are the results. Since POF is a CPM network we went on POF’s reporting & ran a simple report to show the average CPC. We then inserted the CPC in the Campaign to see the ROI & Cost/Profit.

reports

We can see that the campaign is already in profit without having eliminated ads, landing pages & under-performing targeting. This campaign has the potential of growth with some optimization. Let’s take a look deeper into detailed reporting. We sorted by Profiit/Loss & got these results. As we can see there are a couple of under performing offers & landing pages so we pause them.

detailedreports

There are lots of options we can change but we take this as a step by step process. We don’t usually change more than 1 thing at a time. Here are screenshots of more detailed statistics about the traffic. The first screenshot shows comparision between browsers & Operating systems. The Second screenshot shows data about the first SUBID which contains Creative IDS, this will help us rule out the bad ads & copies.

browsersandos subids

For the creative ids even though there’s not enough data, you can already tell that some ads are performing better than others. So at this stage we disable the really bad performing ads but keep the ones that have a slight negative ROI for now because 1 conversion can turn them into positive ROI.

Once we disabled the bad Landing Pages/Direct links the campaign turned into $20/day profit campaign & we let it run for one more week before removing more Ads.

The campaign is still running & making us $33/day profit & as we gather more data this number is only going to grow.

Let’s discuss this case study in the comment section below.